Friday 26 October 2012

Union Jack Pastel

Hi there everybody ! Today I've got an old mani to show you all (running low on stuff to show you when I can't do my nails daily) because I really like yesterday's nails and I'm not ready to take them off yet (plus the fact it's pretty late and I can't be bothered to start nails now) ! I don't have very many decent photos of my nails from before I started blogging left (pretty much none now I've done this post), so I'm going to have to sort out what to do when I can't do my nails !


I did these nails back in May, around the Queen's Diamond Jubilee as I was feeling patriotic ! I can only imagine all the jubilee nails I could have done for you all had I been motivated by a daily blog ! I didn't want to go for the traditional red and blue colours, so instead opted for a pastel Union Jack look, which I think worked quite well !


The colours I used for these nails were OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Planks A Lot and OPI Sparrow Me the Drama. When I did this design, I did it the hard way by painting my nails with a white base colour, and then painting on all the triangles myself. I've realised that the easier way to do these nails is by starting off with the triangle colour as the base colour, then just striping on the white and selected middle stripe colours !

And I'm afraid I onl have 2 photos for you today ! I'll be back tomorrow with a new NOTD, hopefully something original as well, we'll see what I can come up with (or what inspiration my mother gives me) !

Have a great day everyone !

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...