Thursday 30 August 2012

NOTD : 5(0) Shades of Pink

Hey there everyone ! I'm sorry but it's another late post from me today as I've been out all day and have only just got back to do my nails. But today's design is pretty awesome if I do say so myself, and yes, there are five different shades of pink in this manicure (plus a grey base for those who are interested) !


My mother was once again my source of inspiration for today's design, as I asked her what I should do on my nails and she told me to do dots. And then, the design was born ! I grabbed all my OPI pink colours I own and decided I would do several different shades of dots to make a funky pattern. I didn't anticipate the amount of time that it would take to do this manicure, but even though it took quite a while (a lot longer than plain polka dot nails) I am really pleased with the result !


So the polishes I used for this design are OPI Skull and Glossbones for the grey base, and then for the different dots I used OPI Big Apple Red, OPI Sparrow Me the Drama, OPI Strawberry Margarita, OPI Dim Sum Plum and OPI Steady as She Rose. I did each nail individually which I think is what made it take so long to finish, but the fact that I wasn't even doing one colour at a time added to that !


So yeah ! I hope you liked this design as much as I do ! Plus, I was thinking of maybe doing some picture tutorials (or maybe even video) of designs I've posted on here, so if there are any designs on this blog you'd like to see tutorials for, just say so !

Enjoy the rest of your day !

4 comments:

  1. I love this, I can't believe how perfect all those polka dots are! I personally would love to see some tutorials on your blog, I'm really new to the nail art world so I'm just absorbing information from everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is unbelievably gorgeous.
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...