Monday 6 August 2012

15 Day Nail Challenge (Day 6) : Glitter Nails

Hey guys ! So as you have all possibly seen the past 2 days, I've been participating in Makeup Savvy's 15 day nail challenge, and today's challenge is glitter ! I am actually SO thankful for this challenge as I actually haven't posted any proper glitter manis yet (not counting yesterday's mani !), so here you go !


Now, I know it's not a full glitter manicure, but I really wanted to use my new Models Own glitter, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work for a full glitter mani, so instead I decided to go with a glitter sandwich ! I've only done one glitter sandwich before (because I didn't have any proper jelly polishes), which I did by mixing a Barry M polish with some topcoat. It worked quite well, but constant mixing for more coats was rather annoying and long-winded !


The polishes I used for this manicure were Champneys Nude and Models Own Ibiza Mix. I was seriously lusting over Ibiza Mix for months until I was able to go to England and get some, so worth the wait though ! I love the mix of pastel glitters in it, it's really unique in my opinion as I haven't seen anything like it around !


So once again, that's it for today ! I hope you enjoyed the glitter sandwich, I'm certainly looking forward to keeping it on my nails for the next 48 hours (long story, I thought today's challenge was neon nails as opposed to glitter, and didn't realise until I started writing the post) !

See ya tomorrow for my neon nails !

4 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty! I used Ibiza Mix for todays nails as well :) I'm definitely going to experiment with something like this with it too though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks ! I just saw yours and commented on how awesome they look ! :D

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Ibiza Mix is one of my absolute favourite glitters! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I've only used it a couple of times but am loving the way it looks and stands out from other glitters !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...