Saturday 11 August 2012

15 Day Nail Challenge (Day 11) : Metallic

Hey guys ! So once again I'm joining in for another day of Makeup Savvy's 15 day nail challenge, and the theme today is metallic nails. Now, I'm not really a fan of metallic nail polishes, mainly because they show up all the imperfections on my nails (you can probably see the tissue reparations I've done on my index and ring fingers), but nonetheless, I'm still joining in !


So I decided today I'd attempt a selotape manicure for the chevrons, but promptly gave up after completely messing up my index finger ! So instead I freehanded them, which all in all looks okay but is far less precise than selotape. The final result is okay, but I don't really like it enough to keep it for a whole day, so I'll think I'll actually change them after I've written this post !


So in this manicure I used a magnetic polish (seeing as I own very few metallic colours) which was 17 Magnetic Grey, and then for the chevrons I used Barry M Silver Foil. I was originally going to do some stamping for this manicure, but then realised that my nails are far too long at the moment for stamping (I really need to file them down) !



And that's a wrap ! I hope you liked this manicure more than I did, I'm off to change them now. Happy Saturday !

4 comments:

  1. I really like the combination of colours, very pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! It definitely fits the theme and your nails look great to me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, it's nice to hear that people like it more than I do !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...