Tuesday 7 August 2012

15 Day Nail Challenge (Day 7) : Neon Nails

So here we go for day 7 of Makeup Savvy's 15 day nail challenge, and today's theme is neon. Now, I haven't really been into the neon craze that's going on at the moment, don't know why but it may be because ALL neon polishes seem to completely wash me out, and it just makes me look ill ! But nonetheless, I still participated in today's challenge, and bust out the only neon "polish" I own, which just happens to be my pink Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen !


I had  a really awful time trying to photograph this manicure, and I cannot for the life of me get the colours to show up as they actually look, but try and picture to most fluorescent pink highlighter you own, and then times that by 10 ! I tried changing the ISO on my camera and everything, but even then it still wouldn't show up properly, it was slightly better though.The colour in the picture of the neon zigzags is much to pink/purple in comparison to the actual real-life colour, I'm so annoyed that I couldn't get the colour to turn out right !


The polishes I used for this manicure were Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream and, as previously mentioned, my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in pink. I've used this colour combination before in my Dotty Gradient manicure, and you can actually distinguish the colours better in those photos, the neon pink looks really bright !

So I mentioned yesterday that I didn't realise that it was the glitter challenge yesterday and I thought it was neon, so these nails lasted all of about 30 minutes in between finishing up with topcoat and writing the first paragraph of this post. Maybe it was for the best though, the zigzags I did were waaay too shaky for my liking, and I would have got thoroughly irritated with it and taken it off anyway !

And that's it for today's post ! I can't wait until tomorrow's challenge (leopard print), it's turning out to be great fun !

Plus, does anyone have any tips for getting good photos of neon manicures ? I hate not being able to be colour precise !

3 comments:

  1. Same thing happened to me, when I tried to photograph my neon nails. Im glad I wasn't the only one with this problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I got so annoyed and gave up in the end !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...