Friday 20 September 2013

Helen Dardik Week : The Smell of Summer

Good evening everyone ! So I'm currently sitting in bed in a Premier Inn near to Gatwick airport where I'm staying the night with my mum before we head off (incredibly early) tomorrow morning to catch our flight to Salzburg ! I had literally no time left before we left France on Tuesday to schedule more than 2 posts for you, so the laptop is coming with me Austria so that I am able to keep you up-to-date every day with all the nail designs I've prepared !

I've decided to do a "Helen Dardik Week", inspired by an awesome illustrator who has done loaaaaaads of different patterns and prints on her blog. You may remember the Helen Dardik Red Flowers design I did last week, and it was those nails that inspired me to carry on with these amazing patterns ! I've got a whole seven days of these designs to show you over the next week, some of which I really really fell in love with, and I'll be showing you the first of those today !


Today's flowers are inspired by a pattern called "The Smell of Summer", which looks quite similar to the pattern I drew inspiration from for my red floral last week. These nails took quite a while to do, mainly because I was procrastinating at the time, but even if I hadn't have been procrastinating it still would have taken a long time !


So I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, then for the petals I used OPI Strawberry Margerita, OPI Sparrow Me the Drama and OPI Big Apple Red, with American Apparel Hassid for the little stamens. For the stems I used American Apparel Hunter, and it could have done with some extra shading really but I'd lost interest by that point and couldn't be bothered to add anything more to it !


And that's it ! I do like these nails and I was sad to take them off, especially as they'd taken me such a long time to do them. At least it's a new type of flower I've never painted before which was a challenge ! Definitely not my usual floral shapes ! What do you all think ?

I need to dry my hair now and then go to bed, need an early night before my alarm goes off at an incredibly antisocial time in the morning ! Night night, see you all again tomorrow !

7 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Can't wait to see what other designs you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I only just discovered your blog and have made a lot of Pinterest spam!
    These remind me of upside down fuschias :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...