Thursday 15 November 2012

NOTD : Brocade Accents

Hellooooooo everyone ! So I'm back with another NOTD for you this evening, as I do every evening (besides swatches), so I hope you enjoy yet another new design from me ! I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to probably post an old manicure, because I'm not sure if I'll have time to do them tomorrow, but I'll see and I'll try it fit it in around my incredibly busy schedule !


So brocade/baroque print has been in fashion for a few months now, perhaps more (I don't always pay attention to what's happening), and I've never really been into it I have to say ! However, when I was thinking up today's design I somehow got stuck on half moons and then started contemplating whether to do a plain tribal design, and whilst looking for inspiration on google images, I came across a brocade print and so I decided to go with that instead !


For this design, although it took quite a long time to complete, only used two different colours : American Apparel Office and American Apparel Hassid, as well as my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in black for the actual brocade design. For the half moons I just did the hole-reinforcment method, which worked surprisingly well for me this time, as my half moons generally never turn out the same size and always look bad !


As for the brocade pattern, all that took was a bit of patience and a picture from google images I was looking at for inspiration. I just made it up as I went along, going with the brocade theme and just filling in where it looked appropriate ! All four accent nails I did are all different, as I just did what looked best ! I think I even actually prefer the accent design on my right hand as well ! I'll have to take a photo and show you all tomorrow !

See you then guys ! Enjoy your day !

5 comments:

  1. They are very very pretty !:)

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, they look stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so gorgeous! i love the colors together and your brocade pattern is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely, great freehand work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...