Tuesday 27 August 2013

Alphabet Nail Art Challenge : S for Sharks

Evening all ! So I'm writing this post positively early in comparison to the past few days of posts, but I won't complain ! The Great British Bake Off is on now so I'd better get a move on writing this so I'm not torn between the TV and my laptop !


Here's another theme that I wasn't particularly excited about...sharks... There's not really all that much room for creativity but hey, I did what I could ! I looked through google at posters for Jaws and just plain shark images, and I came across this stock image which I decided would be best for what I wanted to do !


I started with two coats of Essie Lapiz of Luxury on all my nails, for the shark I used black acrylic paint to get a good outline, and for the various details I used P2 Flirt With Me, OPI Skulls and Glossbones and P2 Glory. For the water splashes I used China Glaze Man Hunt, P2 Up in the Air, Models Own Blooboo and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. My favourite part about this design is probably the splashes, I think it'd look great just by itself as a mani !


So what do you all think ? What would you have done for the shark theme ? It's a shame I only started this challenge when I did as I might have been able to tie the shark theme in with Shark Week, but hey ho, they're only a couple of weeks late !

I'll see you all tomorrow with the "T for Triangles" theme, I've already got an idea of what I'm going to do !

13 comments:

  1. This turned out amazing! Love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the splashes are perfect! the shark is too, but the splashes <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesss I am all over those splashes! I mean, the shark is also fantastic but the splashes are what make it.

    YAY BAKEOFF. Lucy was such a silly billy, I thought, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with that, I mean, how boring was that tomato loaf ?!

      Delete
  4. Aah I love this! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I think he's actually pretty cute, haha. The splashes are fantastic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Such a talent, great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it - the water splashes are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the cartoon-ish feeling of this! So immensely sweet!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so amazing! I would have thought you used a water decal or something for the shark since it looks so good.

    Louise | Vanity Corner
    HAIR2GO Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEST NAIL ART EVER!!!! I LOVE SHARKS <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...