Tuesday 9 July 2013

Strawberries

Good evening everyone, it's getting late but I thought I had better post something before I go to bed ! I've been busy doing "stuff" here in Berlin, "stuff" generally meaning shopping etc which is always good fun ! The weather here has become really really seriously hot all of a sudden which, although nice, is a bit too much and doesn't really make me want to do anything in particular !


I did these nails before I came over to Berlin, around the same time as when I did my watermelon nails, I just got the urge to paint some more fruit, and I'm so glad I did ! You can see the design on my little finger looks a little bit odd, and that's because I initially wanted to use tiny micro bullion studs for the yellow seeds, but decided that I didn't like it and would instead do dots, but then I didn't like the colour I chose so I went over all the dots I had already painted in yet another colour... and then I couldn't be bothered to start from zero on that nail but oh well !


For the base on this design I used an un-named Color Club pink polish, then I used Essie Mint Candy Apple for the green bits, and for the leaf accents and yellow seeds I used my Models Own pastel nail art pens in green and yellow. I really like the way that the strawberries look with the light pink colour. I would have wanted to do them red, but I have an aversion to red polishes at the moment for base colours as they are such a pain when it comes to taking it off ! Do any of you get that problem ? Red polish cuticle stains are the worst !


Right, that's it everyone, I'm off to bed ! I'll probably sit and play Candy Crush Saga for a while, are any of you addicted to it as well ? Night night everyone !

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love the colors you picked for this design. Lovely pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely stunning! I agree that the pink was a great choice over red, it makes them look more summery :)

    Mollie xo
    www.molliemuses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strawberry designs. For some reason, I really want to eat a strawberry now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the mani and how the shape fits the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, red polish is the worst! I love how it looks but the staining really bothers me too :/ Especially when it gets on your fingers!

    Yay for pink strawberries though, these are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, it's so cute ! The pastel color looks fantastic!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Let me know!

    Newest Post: [Review] Magic Care Professional Hair Care Serum

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...