Friday 15 February 2013

NOTD : Rainbow Half Hearts

Evening all ! So, as I was moaning about it in yesterday's post, I managed to do my nails this afternoon today and I'm following through with it by posting relatively early as well in comparison to a lot of my posts as of late ! Anyway, on to the nails !


So this nail art design is the idea that suddenly came to me last night while I was writing up the Valentine's Day post, and yeah I have to say I kinda like it, but I'm not as in love with it as I have been with a lot of my previous designs ! I think it looked better in my head, and I would really like a better green nail varnish for my collection seeing as I'm lacking ! I feel the ring finger with the green and blue could have stood out more if I had a better green ! Oh well !


For this design, the nail varnishes I used were (in rainbow order, of course) OPI Big Apple Red, OPI My Back Pocket, P2 Hug Me, Kiko Acid Green, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook and OPI Funkey Dunkey. I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for some good green creme nail polishes, any suggestions from you guys as to what I should get ?


These nails seem to look more rainbow-y from a distance than they do close up, the thumbnails are looking far more impressive right now than what they look like on the nails ! You notice the gradient effect I was going for when you look at the photos from afar ! I really love the overall design though, as you may have seen before in my Half Hearts post that was inspired by Whitney at Dressed Up Nails !

Right, I'm going to watch a film before going to bed, might even put my pyjamas on now and watch it in bed because I'm sick of sitting on this office chair ! Have a lovely evening everybody !

11 comments:

  1. Love this! I think it looks amazing =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are spectacular! WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delicious looking rainbow manicure! I'm very impressed on how this came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it's so cute! One of my favourite greens is Barry M Spring Green, I really recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Your ideas. Perfect colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look absolutely amazing. You should do tutorials some day.

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing, so colourful love it!

    http://filthyfashi0n.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. those nails are so pretty!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...